The Institute of Technology Tallaght (also known as ITT or IT Tallaght) is a higher education institute in South Dublin, Ireland. Established in 1992, IT Tallaght offers degree and postgraduate courses as well as adult education courses.
The county is one of the most densely populated and highly industrialised regions in Ireland. The mission of Institute is to be the centre of higher education and knowledge creation within South Dublin County and its environs, to broaden participation in higher education in the region, to be recognised as a leader in supporting research and commercial innovation, and to assist in the advancement of the economic, social and cultural life of the region.
ITT Dublin is a key driver in the development of the region and works closely with regional and national partners for that purpose. The Institute prides itself on its commitment to teaching and learning and provides students with opportunities for flexible learning, distance learning, customised on-site work-based learning and international partnerships. Students are nurtured in a supportive environment that boasts excellent information services, access and career advice, targeted academic supports, health centre, provision for those with disabilities and active clubs and societies.
More than 6000 students, included full time, part time and international students. The Institute focuses on the new technology and the development of the quality system as well as the fluency of modern language. It has advanced labs and studios.
The Overall IELTS requirement is 6.0 Bands with no less than 5.5 Bands, the requirement stands the same for PG Programs also.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Students must demonstrate that they have reached a level of education in their country of origin that is the equivalent of a Secondary School Diploma (High School Diploma) with good grades in an appropriate language, mathematics and at least 4 other subjects.
- Minimum 60%-70% in 12th year ( standard) of School Education
Taught Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants should have an honours degree in a related subject
Institute of Technology Tallaght
This programme aims to give graduates the opportunity to work as professional mechanical engineers.....
The B.Eng. (Hons) Electronic Engineering Degree Programme is designed to produce graduates that hav.....
As a Creative Media student at ITT Dublin, you’ll be thinking, designing and creating from your fir.....
This innovative honours degree is your starting point for a rewarding career in the international h.....
Be part of the team that designs successful advertising and communications campaigns for public an.....
A unique feature of this programme is that it has been developed in partnership with industry repre.....
Maximum exemptions from Professional Accountancy and Taxation bodies may be obtained by the grad.....
Institute of Technology, Tallaght does not provide accommodation.
Before arrival: Find out what is available and what you can afford by searching Dublin’s accommodation websites. Do not expect to reserve accommodation in May / June, if you are arriving in September. It is more usual in Dublin to arrange accommodation at shorter notice.
Lists of local accommodation are provided at the beginning of each semester. The college Accommodation Register is another starting point in your search for suitable accommodation.
Most of the accommodation on the list is in private homes, where one or more bedrooms are let to students. For some students, staying in a room in a family home is a good way to get established during the initial few weeks
Book into a hostel for the first few days if possible. Make some phone calls & arrange to view a number of flats, etc. Get to know the locality and decide where you would feel comfortable living.
The college is in the district Dublin 24. Addresses that are within an easy walking distance of ITT Dublin include Kingswood, Tallaght village, Bancroft, Glenview, Old Bawn & Belgard.
ALWAYS read your tenancy contract (lease) very carefully. Do not sign it unless you understand and are happy with all the terms and conditions. Ask your prospective landlord/landlady to explain the terms and conditions if necessary.
It will be necessary to understand some of the basic acronyms used:
The accommodation may be offered on a Bed and Breakfast basis (B&B), HB, or Half-Board (i.e. breakfast and evening meal), FB, or Full-Board (breakfast, lunch, evening meal), or even self-catering (SC) whereby you have access to cooking facilities.
These family homes are normally in the vicinity of the college, in residential areas on public bus routes. Be sure to mention any special dietary requirements, etc at the time of booking
The Evening Herald offers a wide range, some ads appear in Buy and Sell, whilst the Irish Times and Irish Independent tend to cater more for professional wage earners. The accommodation adverts refer to 'Flats/Apartments to Let' - this indicates that a flat/apartment is available for one or more persons to rent;
House Sharing indicates that several people are already renting a house and are looking for an additional person. This option is ideal if you want to share accommodation with a mixture of males/females some of whom work or study.
Noticeboards in local supermarkets often display adverts for accommodation. Also, keep an eye on noticeboards in the college. There is a range of hostels and budget accommodation in Dublin city centre for short-term arrangements.
Why do International students choose to study at ITT?
• Institute of Technology, Tallaght offers a variety of courses, including Higher Certificates and Bachelor’s Degrees as well as Postgraduate courses.
• ITT has a modern campus with state of the art technology and facilities.
• The Institute is home to European and International students.
• ITT Dublin is easily accessible by bus and the Luas (Line A).
Institute of Technology, Tallaght (ITT Dublin) is the sole higher education institution in South Dublin County.
• ITT Dublin, established under the aegis of Co. Dublin Vocational Educational Committee, opened its doors to the first group of students in September 1992.
• Today, the Institute caters to a student population of 3,700 both full and part-time and is also home to European and International students.
• From 2011 onwards IT Tallaght has validated Theology degrees from The Priory Institute, adjacent to the campus in Tallaght.
• The Institute offers a variety of courses, including Higher Certificates and Bachelor’s Degrees as well as Postgraduate courses across the following schools: School of Business and Humanities, School of Engineering and School of Science and Computing.
• ITT Dublin is easily accessible by bus. Moreover, the Luas (Line A) runs between Connolly Station in the City Centre and the Square in Tallaght. It stops within a couple of minutes’ walk of the Institute.
Fees are around 11,650 Euro annually.
Cost of Living
The estimated cost of living for students in Ireland is estimated at approximately €800 - €1,000 per month, however, this might change depending on your lifestyle.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 6905 Country Rank : 23
World Ranking : 6905
Country Rank : 23
Institute of Technology Tallaght, D24 FKT9, Ireland.